07 Feb 2017
- Bump to cheroot 5.1.0.
- #794: Prefer setting max-age for session cookie expiration, moving MSIE hack into a function documenting its purpose.
20 Jan 2017
Use this functionality from the portend package directly.
13 Jan 2017
cherryddistutils script with a setuptools console entry point.
When running CherryPy in daemon mode, the forked process no longer changes directory to
/. If that behavior is something on which your application relied and should rely, please file a ticket with the project.
27 Dec 2016
26 Dec 2016
25 Dec 2016
- #1537: Disable dependency on pypiwin32 on Python 3.6 until a viable build of pypiwin32 can be made on that Python version.
24 Dec 2016
- Consolidated some documentation and include the more concise readme in the package long description, as found on PyPI.
27 Sep 2016
04 Sep 2016
HTTPErrornow also works as a context manager.
- #1487: The sessions tool now accepts a
storage_classparameter, which supersedes the new deprecated
storage_classshould be the actual Session subclass to be used.
- Releases now use
setuptools_scmto track the release versions. Therefore, releases can be cut by simply tagging a commit in the repo. Versions numbers are now stored in exactly one place.
03 Sep 2016
02 Sep 2016
- #1483: Remove Deprecated constructs:
- #1476: Drop support for python-memcached<1.58
- #1401: Handle NoSSLErrors.
- #1489: In
wsgiserver.WSGIGateway.respond, the application must now yield bytes and not text, as the spec requires. If text is received, it will now raise a ValueError instead of silently encoding using ISO-8859-1.
- Removed unicode filename from the package, working around pip #3894 and setuptools #704.
25 Jul 2016
- # 1458: Implement systemd’s socket activation mechanism for
CherryPy servers, based on work sponsored by Endless Computers.
Socket Activation allows one to setup a system so that systemd will sit on a port and start services ‘on demand’ (a little bit like inetd and xinetd used to do).
24 Jul 2016
Removed the long-deprecated backward compatibility for legacy config keys in the engine. Use the config for the namespaced-plugins instead:
- autoreload_on -> autoreload.on
- autoreload_frequency -> autoreload.frequency
- autoreload_match -> autoreload.match
- reload_files -> autoreload.files
- deadlock_poll_frequency -> timeout_monitor.frequency
24 Jul 2016
- # 1460: Fix KeyError in Bus.publish when signal handlers
- set in config.
18 Jul 2016
#1441: Added tool to automatically convert request params based on type annotations (primarily in Python 3). For example:
@cherrypy.tools.params() def resource(self, limit: int):
assert isinstance(limit, int)
16 Jul 2016
- Issue #1411: Fix issue where autoreload fails when
the host interpreter for CherryPy was launched using
14 Jul 2016
- Combined wsgiserver2 and wsgiserver3 modules into a
05 Jun 2016
- Setuptools is now required to build CherryPy. Pure distutils installs are no longer supported. This change allows CherryPy to depend on other packages and re-use code from them. It’s still possible to install pre-built CherryPy packages (wheels) using pip without Setuptools.
- six is now a requirement and subsequent requirements will be declared in the project metadata.
- #1440: Back out changes from #1432 attempting to
fix redirects with Unicode URLs, as it also had the
unintended consequence of causing the ‘Location’
byteson Python 3.
cherrypy.exposenow works on classes.
cherrypy.configdecorator is now used throughout the code internally.
05 Jun 2016
@cherrypy.exposenow will also set the exposed attribute on a class.
- Rewrote all tutorials and internal usage to prefer
the decorator usage of
exposerather than setting the attribute explicitly.
- Removed test-specific code from tutorials.
05 Jun 2016
- #1397: Fix for filenames with semicolons and quote characters in filenames found in headers.
- #1311: Added decorator for registering tools.
- #1194: Use simpler encoding rules for SCRIPT_NAME
and PATH_INFO environment variables in CherryPy Tree
allowing non-latin characters to pass even when
- #1352: Ensure that multipart fields are decoded even when cached in a file.
10 May 2016
cherrypy.test.webtest.WebCasenow honors a ‘WEBTEST_INTERACTIVE’ environment variable to disable interactive tests (still enabled by default). Set to ‘0’ or ‘false’ or ‘False’ to disable interactive tests.
- #1408: Fix AttributeError when listiterator was accessed
- #748: Removed
- #1432: Fix errors with redirects to Unicode URLs.
30 Apr 2016
- Bugfix issue #1315 for
test_HTTP11_pipeliningtest in Python 3.5
- Bugfix issue #1382 regarding the keyword arguments support for Python 3 on the config file.
- Bugfix issue #1406 for
test_2_KeyboardInterrupttest in Python 3.5. by monkey patching the HTTPRequest given a bug on CPython that is affecting the testsuite (https://bugs.python.org/issue23377).
- Add additional parameter
raise_subclsto the tests helpers openURL and
CPWebCase.getPageto have finer control on which exceptions can be raised.
- Add support for direct keywords on the calls (e.g.
foo=bar) on the config file under Python 3.
- Add additional validation to determine if the process is running
as a daemon on
cherrypy.process.plugins.SignalHandlerto allow the execution of the testsuite under CI tools.
- Removed deprecated support for
ssl_private_keyattributes and implicit construction of SSL adapter on Python 2 WSGI servers.
- Default SSL Adapter on Python 2 is the builtin SSL adapter, matching Python 3 behavior.
- Pull request #94: In proxy tool, defer to Host header for resolving the base if no base is supplied.
- Drop support for Python 2.5 and earlier.
- No longer build Windows installers by default.
- Pull Request #116: Correct InternalServerError when null bytes in static file path. Now responds with 404 instead.
- Pull Request #96: Pass
exc_infoto logger as keyword rather than formatting the error and injecting into the message.
- CherryPy daemon may now be invoked with
python -m cherrypyin addition to the
- Issue #1298: Fix SSL handling on CPython 2.7 with builtin SSL module and pyOpenSSL 0.14. This change will break PyPy for now.
- Several documentation fixes.
- Fixed HTTP range headers for negative length larger than content size.
- Disabled universal wheel generation as wsgiserver has Python duality.
- Pull Request #42: Correct TypeError in
check_authwhen encrypt is used.
- Pull Request #59: Correct signature of HandlerWrapperTool.
- Pull Request #60: Fix error in SessionAuth where login_screen was incorrectly used.
- Issue #1077: Support keyword-only arguments in dispatchers (Python 3).
- Issue #1019: Allow logging host name in the access log.
- Pull Request #50: Fixed race condition in session cleanup.
- Issue #1301: When the incoming queue is full, now reject additional connections. This functionality was added to CherryPy 3.0, but unintentionally lost in 3.1.
- Miscellaneous quality improvements.
CherryPy adopts semver.